Chili is souper easy. My husband wanted to learn to make it, so I thought I’d share with everyone. The best thing is, just play with the recipe! Add what you like, and you’ll be winning chili contests in no time.
How to make chili (one dutch oven sized pot)
- Are you vegetarian? If so, skip to #3.
- Pick your meat. I’ve used chicken, beef, pork and turkey. Cook it. You can use ground or chopped, it doesn’t really matter. You need a pound.
- Chop your fresh veggies. You can basically use whatever you like. I like using an onion and a few carrots.
- Open your cans: 2 normal sized cans of tomatoes, 2 cans of beans. I use organic diced tomatoes, one can of black and one can of pinot beans. Use whatever beans you like. You can buy tomatoes and beans that have spices in them, if you like it, go for it.
- Open your can or box of broth: For poultry and pork, use chicken broth. For beef, use beef broth.
- If you want to add quinoa (if you don’t have meat, or you just want more protein) rinse it.
- Get our your cumin, coriander and chili powder.
Okay… You ready?
- Saute your onions and whatever other veggies you have until the onions are translucent.
- Add seasonings. I use about 1/4 cup chili powder, 2 tbsp of cumin, and 1 tbsp of coriander. But precise measurements aren’t necessary.
- Add everything else to the pot.
- Stir it.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes or all day.
- Eat it.