I take thirty minutes or so each weekend to plan out meals for our family and make a shopping list. We have a few recipes that we keep going back to, so I thought I’d start sharing them with you.
We get a meat CSA each month. In case you’re not familiar with the concept, we prepay a farm directly for a big bag of meat. They deliver it, we don’t get to choose what we get, but it’s all amazing, grass fed, organic, and humanely raised. And the price is phenomenal. One thing that we get a lot of is pork shoulder. I’m not a huge pork fan, so I let these build up in our freezer, not sure what to do with them. Until I found this recipe.
I’ve adapted it a bit and make it in the crockpot for those nights that we don’t get home until it’s really time to be getting the kids ready for bed.
- Approx 3 lbs of pork shoulder
- 2 juiced oranges
- 3 juiced limes
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp dried cilantro
- Tortillas (I’m gluten free, so I have to have corn. But, according to my husband, it’s great with either corn or flour.)
- Whatever toppings you like on tacos
- Put it all in the crockpot, cook until the meat is done (around 6 hours on low.)
- Serve on tortillas with your toppings
It’s SO GOOD.